Five Reasons Why You Need Images on Your Business Website
As you design your business website, you may thing that images just make it look good. But, that is not entirely the case. Images do more than just spicing up your website. When used effectively, they can help driver more visitors to your website, promote social media sharing, and ultimately help with the marketing goals of your business.
Still not convinced with the importance of images on your business website? Here are top five reasons why you need images on your business site:
- They get you more views. Websites with images get more views. According to studies, web content with images get 94 percent more views that their pure text counterpart. By using up to date imagery, you can catch your visitors’ attention and prompt a desired response from them.
- They bring your product or service to life. A picture is worth a thousand words. They allow you to show to clients what you have to offer. Consumers, nowadays, like to see what they are buying before making a decision. Thankfully, the internet has made it increasingly possible by allowing you to place photos of your offerings.
- They help with your SEO. Optimizing the images on your website make them easier to index and find in the web. Your entire website will benefit from the boost as more consumers will be able to see your business. They can also help engage your customers and keep them longer on your website, or encourage them to choose you over your competitors.
- High quality photos are versatile assets. When marketing your business online, content is king. And, photos are a powerful and versatile form of content. They can make your website infinitely more engaging. They can also be used in social media and be featured in blog posts and articles. They can even be used offline on brochures, flyers and other kinds of promotional materials. The possibilities are endless. By investing on photography, you provide yourself with a helpful ammunition to enhance your marketing efforts.
- They fuel social media. When it comes to spreading the word about your business, high quality images play a great role. Studies show that including at least one image to your social media posts get them more shares. They also have higher engagement rates than text-only posts. To get the biggest social boost from your website, add buttons that instantly share to Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites so site visitors can easily share your content.
Your images represent your business. Low quality and unprofessional images will communicate the same about your company and the products you offer. Thus, it is important that you get high quality, professional images. They are hugely important in making a great first impression among your customers. Don’t let low quality photos deter your visitors from becoming loyal customers and learning about your company.
Keep in mind that your website is your virtual calling card. The layout and design are important, but the images you choose to occupy it can be the difference between a new customer and a lost opportunity.