When you search for “stock photo agencies” in the web, you will hit about 5 million results and the website with the highest rank is Shutterstock. Shutterstock is a stock photography company based in licensing images under Royalty-free at very low prices. For over a decade, it has been providing creatives around the world with high quality yet affordable stock photos. With millions of amazing content in the library, you will surely find the perfect photo for your project.
Here are a few things you need to know about the stock photo site:
- It was founded by John Oringer in 2003.
- It has been in the industry for over 13 years.
- It is the pioneer in stock photo subscription.
- It is based in New York City.
- It has over 95 million images in the library.
- It has expanded its portfolio to include BigStock, PremiumBeat, Rex Features, Offset and WebDAM.
As the largest and most vibrant two-sided marketplace for creative professionals, Shutterstock does not only offer high quality images in affordable prices, but also features innovative tools that power the creative process. Constantly pushing for tech development, it now has the most user-friendly website in the industry with a very advanced reverse image search and content suggestion tool. Other latest additions to their tech arsenal are mobile platform and applications, and free online media editors.
Pricing and Plans
Shutterstock offers amazing royalty-free images at simple pricing. You can search over 182 million royalty free images, video clips and music tracks in the library with a free browse account. To create and share unlimited collections as well as download high quality images, you need to purchase images on-demand or subscribe to a plan.
- On-demand. Purchase images as you need them starting with 5 images for $49 with a Standard license and 2 images for $199 with an Enhanced license. Download the images within a year of purchase and they are yours to use for as long as you need.
- Annual and monthly plans are available in Shutterstock. All images come with a Standard license, so you can use them in multiple projects – forever. Save as much as 20% when you subscribe to the annual 750-image plan.
- Team Subscriptions. Are you working with a team? The team plan comes with 750 images per month. All images include a Standard license with prices varying based on the number of users.
- Enterprise Plans. Enterprise plans are also available in the stock site. If you are a creative agency, Fortune 500 company, or production business, Shutterstock has the perfect solution for your needs. Visit the website to see their enterprise solutions.
Shutterstock is the leading provider of high quality, royalty-free images, videos and music clips. Their amazing content is used by creatives around the world. They work closely with their community of contributors to curate a collection of high resolution assets to help bring your ideas to life. With several purchasing options in the website, you will surely find one that fits your creative needs and budget.
P.S. Grab a Shutterstock coupon code to get valuable discounts!